Weld County RSVP
The Weld County RSVP is based in Greeley, Colorado
An Invitation to Serve
About Our Program
In Weld County, over 800 volunteers provide over 140,000 hours of service annually to more than 90 sites serving thousands of individuals of all ages. Intergenerational projects including youth tutoring, hospital and nursing home service, museum and library services, nutrition programs, Medicare and Income Tax assistance, grocery shopping for shut-ins, handyman service and over 90 volunteer sites with community agencies and organizations.
Weld County RSVP has the following community service programs:
- America Reads Trained Volunteer reading partners assist and mentor elementary children
- Bulk Mail Services Volunteers label, stuff, fold, etc. mailings for civic and non profit agencies.
- Grocery Shopping Service Volunteers fill grocery orders at Albertsons supermarket for individuals who are homebound and unable to shop themselves.
- Medicare Insurance Counseling Trained volunteers assist seniors with Medicare issues; understanding forms, filing claims and appeals, and explaining supplemental insurance policies.
- Project Connect Volunteers provide a telephone reassurance program.
- SHOP – Seniors Helping Other people Volunteers construct and install wheelchair ramps and do minor home repairs for seniors and handicapped individuals.
A nationwide volunteer program, RSVP invites adults age 55 and over to use their life experience and skills to answer the call of their neighbors in need.
Weld County RSVP
Director: Jennifer Hendrix
Weld Country RSVP
501 20th St. Campus Box 67
University of Northern Colorado
Greeley, CO 80639
Phone (970) 351-2588
Fax (970) 351-2581