St Mary's Foster Grandparent Program
"Making a Difference in the Life of a Child" - Foster Grandparents devote their volunteer service entirely to disadvantaged or disabled youth. This program's office is located in Grand Junction, Colorado.
Enhancing the lives of children with special needs
About Our Program
Foster Grandparents is a successful nationwide volunteer program that helps seniors use their experience to improve the lives of children in need.
St. Mary's Hospital is proud to sponsor and coordinate the Foster Grandparents program in Western Colorado serving:
- Grand Junction
Who Is Eligible to Serve
We recruit and train low-income people 60 and older to serve 15 - 30 hours per week for a stipend of $2.65 an hour. They serve with children who have special needs.
How Our Program WorksFoster Grandparents:
- Help at-risk preschoolers gain important skills for entering kindergarten
- Work with children with learning disabilities to achieve success
- Teach incarcerated youth essential skills for school and life
- Provide bilingual classroom assistance to children from Spanish-speaking families
- Provide assistance to physically and mentally challenged children
St Mary's Hospital Foster Grandparents, Grand Junction
Director Denise Potterton
Phone (970) 263-9091
Fax (970) 263-9084
2232 N. 7th St., Ste. 2
Grand Junction, CO 81501